Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Self Control Day 1

Self Control.
     I was not to happy when I pulled this out of the box as my first value to focus on. I think it's definitely a sign though and couldn't be more appropriate for a time in my life when I couldn't get myself out of bed to live. I made bad decisions or just ran away from the things I should have done and blamed it on my depression but what it really comes down to is having the self control to be able to do them. I think if you can have self control its one of those values that will allow you to do anything you want, however in today's society it is probably the one value were lacking the most. Everything for us is instant and accessible and there are no punishments for the things we do that immediately effect us so we just don't care, and that's how we ended up here where we all are unhappy with ourselves. Then I rethought about self control and how I didn't want to focus on this first but maybe this is what is needed in order to be mentally strong enough to stick with this values journey. I think one of the hardest things we can learn in life is to fully embrace commitment.

So my plan is to kick start this with bodily self control to mentally control my body. So today I will not be eating, smoking, and hopefully sleeping, I will be drinking large quantities of water and exercising at least three hours.  I did however wake up at 11am but that just shows how bad I need some self control.

No comments:

Post a Comment